- Some Spectacular German Libraries. I must admit that the first one on the list doesn't appeal to me at all - I prefer libraries to be warm and friendly and this just looks blindingly white and sterilised, a triumph of design and functionality over friendliness and comfort.
- An interesting bit of history: The Life and Death of the Library of Alexandria.
- More on libraries: In case you thought overdue library books were not worth pursuing, Libraries Can And Will Put You In Jail, So Return YourBooks, People.
- I have been keeping a commonplace book on and off for a few years, but the guy who wrote this is clearly a master: How And Why To Keep A “Commonplace Book”. Mine is mostly quotations from books I have read and quotations of egregious linguistic and grammatical errors from newspapers and radio, interspersed with sketches and drawings.
- Mark Twain's old house is gorgeous, and just a little spooky, depending on how the photos were taken. It's a museum, and I wouldn't mind visiting it.
12 BooksLeonardo DiCaprio Brought to the Silver Screen.
The book I would like to read